Goa University invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of the following vacancies of teaching posts on regular basis
1. Assistant Professor in Financial Services, Assistant Professor in Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Studies
2. a) Minimum of 15 years of Residence in Goa.
b) Knowledge of Konkani. Additionally, knowledge of Marathi shall be desirable
3. (i) A Master’s degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be or have been awarded Ph.D. degree from National Institutes of Importance are exempted from NET/SET:
(iii) Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Statutes of the Institutionawarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
4. The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
5. The pay of a directly recruited Associate Professor shall be fixed at Academic Level 10 at the rationalized entry pay Rs.57,700