1. Project Description: There are varying estimates of public procurement in India (e.g. 15% of GDP to 30% of GDP). Multitude of procurement agencies and lesser use of eProcurement make the task of calculating volume of public procurement extremely challenging. This project aims to calculate “minimum” (or floor) level of public procurement in India based on data available on e-GP systems.
2. Job Description: The candidate is expected to develop a list of all the states/UTs, state owned enterprises and statutory bodies (both at federal and state levels), municipalities and local bodies; and thereafter collect the e-procurement data from them (either directly or from the portals). He / She is expected to assist the consulting team in background research, data collection and analysis,
writing reports, development & administration of questionnaires and other research instruments. He/ she may also be involved in website design & development. The candidate will carry out
other related consulting support activities.
3. Qualification and Experience: ▪ B.E./ B. Tech/ Post Graduation with relevant experience and some management research exposure.
▪ Familiarity with usage of internet and website related tools. Though prior experience is not a pre requisite, willingness to learn these tools is essential.
▪ Good Knowledge of Web scrapping / Python will be an added advantage.
▪ Good knowledge of public procurement will be an added advantage.
4. Duration of Appointment: Initially 4 months (extendable further). The appointment will begin in June 2020. Appointment associated with the above consulting project shall be purely on contractual basis.
5. Consolidated Salary: Rs.15,000/- to Rs 25,000 per month, depending on educational qualification, management research exposure and professional experience. No other allowances or benefits are admissible.