Applications in the prescribed proforma (as per Annexure I to the advertisement) are invited from eligible candidates for engagement of NEST [New, Emerging & Strategic Technologies] Fellows in the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, on Consultancy basis as per details given below
1. Name of the Post : NEST Fellow in Ministry of External Affairs Headquarters, New Delhi
2. Number of vacancies : 04 (Four)
3. Period of Consultancy : Initially for 01 (one) year The contract could be extended further depending on assessment of performance, mutual willingness and depending on the requirement. The contract can be terminated by either side at any time, by giving one month’s notice. The Government can terminate the contract immediately, by paying one month’s agreed remuneration in lieu of the notice period.
4. Nature of Duties : i. The selected NEST Fellows will be required to work in the New, Emerging & Strategic Technologies [NEST] Division in the Ministry.
ii. Their duties will entail gauging of emerging and strategic technologies and their relevance to India’s development, economic growth and national security.
iii. This may include regular monitoring of information on international normative frameworks, technology governance rules and standards being deliberatedby countries and providing knowledge-based inputs
for the same.
5. Job Location : Ministry of External Affairs (Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan/South Block/Patiala House/Akbar Bhawan), New Delhi.
6. Qualifications/Essential Criteria : i. The applicant should be an Indian National.
ii. Applicant must be a graduate in Mathematics/Physics/Bio-science/Computer Science. The candidates having specialisation/work experience in the field of Artificial Intelligence/Quantum Frontiers/Renewable Energy, Waste to Wealth, Water, Space and Deep Ocean Exploration technologies will be given preference.
iii. Candidate should be in the age group of 30-40 years as on the last date of submission of application.
7. Desirable Criteria: Previous experience of handling issues relating to fields mentioned in point 6 above.
ii. Extra credit will be given for experience of work in a reputed university, think-tank or research organisation in the areas mentioned above and/or foreign policy or international affairs.
8. Remuneration & Entitlements : The remuneration package will be commensurate with the experience and profile of the selected candidate, subject to a maximum of Rs. 12 lakh per annum and deduction of applicable taxes.