Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) invites application from eligible candidates for filling up the post of Director General, C-MET. The Director General is the Chief Executive of the Society and has Administrative and Financial powers to implement decisions of the Governing Council / Executive Committee, evolve strategies and plans for proper management of the Society.
1. The job responsibilities of the Director General are as under:
i. The Director General shall be responsible for overall management and running of C-MET under the guidance of the Governing Council.
ii. The Director General shall be required to lead a group of professionally qualified technocrats and management professionals.
iii. The Director General shall be responsible for preparation of Annual Plans, Budget etc. of the Society.
2. Salary: The post of Director General, C-MET carries the pay scale of Level-14 in the Pay Matrix (Rs. 144200 – 218200) and is proposed to be filled by either of Direct Recruitment / Deputation (including short term contract) basis. The tenure of the post filled through Direct Recruitment mode is upto the age of superannuation (as per the applicable rules of C-ME:T) and if the post is filled through Deputation (including short term contract) mode, tenure would be upto 5 years or upto the age of superannuation, whichever is earlier.
3. Qualification: A. For Direct Recruitment: (a) Educational Qualification and Experience Master’s Degree in Science in Physics, Chemistry or Material Science with 25 years of post qualification experience. OR Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technolow in Electronics, Electrical, Electronics & Communications, Telecommunications, Chemical or Material Engineering or equivalent with 22 years of post qualification experience. OR Ph.D in any of the above fields with 17 years of post qualification experience.
4. (b) Essential Experience: The candidate must have at least 5 years experience in Senior Management Capacity.
5. Desirable: The candidate must have wide experience in project management, out of which at least 5 years experience should be in managing material engineering or device technology projects with exposure to latest state of the art technologies and international trends in the sector.
6. For Deputation (including short term contract):- In case of recruitment by Deputation, officers of the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies:- holding analogous post on regular basis; Or with 3 years regular service in pay scale of Level 13 A in the pay Matrix (Rs- 1,31,100 – 2, 16,600) in the parent cadre or department; And (ii) Possessing the Qualification and experience prescribed for Direct Recruits.
7. Note 1: Period of deputation (including short term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or other Organisation or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed five years. Note 2: The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation/ deputation (including short term contract) shall not be exceeding 58 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.