National Institute of Biomedical Genomics is looking for bright and motivated minds in the fields of Genomics. The central Core at the National Institute of Biomedical Genomics, Kalyani, is looking for bright and motivated individuals who would like to participate in this exciting initiative, in positions as follows:
1. Name of the position: Technical Associate (Experimental & Computational)
2. No. of Positions: 06
3. Consolidated Remuneration [INR] per month: 73,500
4. Essential Qualifications: Experimental — i. MSc or equivalent (or BSc with 3 years laboratory experience) in Genetics/ Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ related discipline ii. Minimum 5 years of experience of working in high-throughput genomics platforms (massively parallel sequencing and microarray) iii. Proficiency in massively parallel sequencing library preparation and/or operation of sequencing/ microarray platforms
ii. Computational — i. B.Tech/ M. Tech/ MSc/ MCA degree/ equivalent in computer science / Bioinformatics or a related discipline ii. Minimum 5 years of experience of working in in analysis of massively parallel DNA sequencing data iii. Proficiency of working in Unix (Linux) environment and demonstrated experience in UNIX command line.
5. Desirable Qualifications: Experimental — i. Experience in whole genome/targeted sequencing, RNA-Seq, GWAS and Methylation Array ii. Experience in laboratory automation platforms iii. Experience in a service laboratory
ii. Computational — i. Experience in handling and installation of software packages, genomic databases and data analysis pipelines ii. Proficiency in programming in C/C++ or python iii. Experience in a service laboratory
6. Nature of Duty: Experimental – Hands-on massively parallel sequencing, microarray data analysis, data analysis pipeline operations as well as other related laboratory activities. Computational – QA/QC and analysis of raw sequence data generated by massively parallel DNA sequencing and microarray platforms, Programing, design and operation of massively parallel DNA sequencing data analysis pipelines as well as other related activities, Data management and data delivery, Report writing .
7. Tenure: 8 months