1. Opening date of online portal : 08.07.2020
2. Last Date for Submission of online application : 31.07.2020
3. Last Date for Submission of hardcopy : 10.08.2020
1. The applicants should go through all instructions, recruitment rules carefully and ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions. Their admission to any stage of the recruitment process will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the eligibility criteria for the respective posts.
2. Candidates should carefully fill up all the details required in the application form including age, education qualification, details of valid Community / PwD Certificatesetc., as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained after the submission of application / last date for applying. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect, it will lead to rejection of their candidature.
3. Any experience gained after the minimum qualifying degree will only be taken into consideration.
4. Applicants should send two testimonials/conduct certificates from persons intimately acquainted with their work and character. If the applicant is in employment, he/she should submit testimonials from the most recent employer or immediate superior as a referee. Shortlisted / Screened candidates will have to arrange recommendations from these references, to be sent directly to the Registrar, NIT Tiruchirappalli.
5. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates called for Interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications, relevance of experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement, other academic / professional achievements. Mere fulfilment of eligibility criteria does not guarantee candidates being called for Interview. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized University / Institutions.
6. The Institute has the right to decide the mode of screening and testing the applicant for shortlisting and selection. Institute reserves the right to reject or accept the candidature of any applicant at any stage and also has right to cancel/restrict/modify/ alter the advertisement / recruitment process, if need arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason, therefore.
7. The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post/s advertised and to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason.
8. The details regarding qualification/experience etc., are as per the recruitment rules for Nonteaching staffs of NITs notified by the MHRD. However, any modification in the Recruitment Rules notified by MHRD will be finally applicable. The selection procedure will be governed by the latest Recruitment Rules and OM’s issued by MHRD till the date of Interview.
9. The selected candidates will be appointed on deputation basis for a period of three years. The period may be curtailed/ extended in the interest of administrative exigencies on mutual consent of the lending/ borrowing departments, subject to consent, but will not entail any right for absorption at NIT Tiruchirappalli.
10. Candidates employed in Government and Semi-Government Organizations, Public sector Undertakings, autonomous bodies of Govt. of India or the State Government must apply through their present employer. If they anticipate unavoidable delay in their applications, they may submit advance copies of their applications directly to The Registrar, National Institute of Technology,Tiruchirappalli – 620 015 which will be considered provisionally. Candidates will be allowed to appear for the interview only if the applications are duly forwarded (proper channel) by the employer. NOC from employer should also be produced at the time of Certificate Verification and Interview failing which the candidature will be rejected.
11. The applicants are required to send attested copies of up to date ACRs/APARs for the last five years, Cadre Clearance (if applicable), Vigilance Clearance, Integrity Certificate and statement showing Major or Minor penalties, if any imposed from the Competent Authority along with duly filled in application form.
12. The pay and conditions of deputation of the officer selected will be regulated in accordance with the Department of Personnel & Training OM No.6/8/2009-Estt.(Pay-II) dated 17/06/2010, as amended from time to time and other instructions of the Central Govt. or Board of Governors of NIT Tiruchirappalli issued in this regard from time to time.
13. Any vigilance/disciplinary cases should not be pending / contemplated against the candidates working in any Govt. Organizations. In such cases, application shall not be considered or scrutinized. The candidate should not have been convicted by any Court of Law. 14. Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in Certificate Verification / Interview.
15. No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates attending the Certificate Verification/ Interview except PwD candidates who may avail the reimbursement as per the Government / Institute norms.
16. Applications received through Email / incomplete / not on prescribed format / without selfattested copies of relevant documents / not through proper channel will be summarily rejected.
13. Candidates shortlisted for Interview will be informed through the Institute’s Website (www.nitt.edu) as well as email id mentioned in the application form.
14. Any dispute with regard to the selection process will be subject to Honourable Court/ Tribunal having jurisdiction over Tiruchirappalli.
15. Canvassing in any form/ bringing in any influence, political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post. Interim enquiries will not be entertained. If it is found at any stage that any information given in the application is incorrect/false, the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/terminated.
16. Maximum age limit shall be as per Recruitment Rules. The age as on 31-07-2020, last date for submission of online application will be the crucial date for maximum age limit.
17. The Institute follows the reservation norms as per GOI rules.
18. Educational Qualification and Experience: – As per the Recruitment Rules prescribed for the respective posts, more than six months of experience in regular position in any organization will only be considered as total experience. Experience rendered on part-time or temporary basis or daily wages or as visiting faculty will not be counted as experience.
19. Date of birth indicated in the Secondary School Leaving Certificate / Birth Certificate will only be accepted. No subsequent request for change of date of birth shall be entertained.
20. For any claim of Age Relaxation / Reservation, the same is allowed only upon production/submission of Certificate issued in prescribed format under the relevant rules and notification when signed only by competent authority with Seal as per applicable Government of India orders in this regard. All such claims are also liable for independent verification by the Institute at any time. Latest DoPT / MHRD norms for age relaxation alone are applicable.
21. Pay of the selected candidate will be fixed as per the recommendations of the selection committee only. Candidates seeking pay protection must make claim before selection committee at the time of interview for necessary recommendation to avail protection. No requests for higher pay/ pay protection not recommended by the Selection Committee will be entertained before or after joining. Otherwise selected candidates will be fixed in the minimum basic pay at the entry level against which the candidate is selected.
22. Applications submitted online but not followed by hard copy will not be considered. Application without Online Application submitted through any other mode shall also be summarily rejected and no further correspondence will be entertained.
23. Records of the not selected candidates shall not be preserved beyond three (03) months from the date of declaration of the result of selection.
24. Duly filled application must be sent along with the self-attested enclosures to The Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli – 620015, Tamil Nadu by Speed / Registered post on or before 10-08-2020 superscribing on the envelope, APPLICATION FOR THE POST OFThe Institute shall not be responsible for postal delays, if any.
25. The applicant should send self-attested photocopies of marks sheets/certificates in support of all the qualifications and relevant experience along with the application. All Mark sheets, Certificates, Degrees, NOC and other relevant documents must be produced in original at the time of interview as well as at the time of joining for verification. In case, it is detected that the documents mentioned/submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has undesirable or clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then shall not be allowed to appear before the Selection Committee or to join the Institute. In case of detection of any such wilful concealment, fraud and suppression, he / she will be liable to be terminated without any notice at any time during the service even after joining.
26. Only shortlisted applicants will be called for Interview.
27. The applicant would be admitted to the Interview on the basis of the information furnished by them in their application form. They are therefore advised to ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions before applying. In case it is found at a later stage that the information furnished by an applicant is false or an applicant does not fulfil any other eligibility conditions, the candidature of such applicant would be cancelled and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained. Issuance of an admit card for the Interview call will not confer any right for appointment. The appointment will be solely subject to fulfilment of all the eligibility conditions.
28. No correspondence will be entertained from not-shortlisted candidates.
29. All communications in regard to recruitment will be made by Email only. Candidates should check their email including SPAM folder regularly. Name of the shortlisted candidates for Interview will be displayed on the Institute website and an intimation shall be sent only to registered e-mail id of candidate. No separate intimation will be sent through post.
30. Shortlisted candidates have to appear before the Selection Committee for Interview.
31. Candidates are advised to visit Institute website www.nitt.edu periodically for updates regarding the recruitment process.