Applications are invited for the post of Research Associate / Postdoctoral Fellow in the following research area (experimental): Functional characterization of mitochondrial membrane protein import defects and onset of Parkinson’s disease
1. Position: Research Associate / Postdoctoral Fellow
2. Vacancies: ONE
3. Qualification: Ph. D. in the broad areas of cell biology, biochemistry, biophysics. Candidates with a degree in other disciplines can also apply if they have a strong aptitude for experimental protein biochemistry. Prior research experience in working with mitochondrial proteins and yeast model systems is highly desirable.
4. Age: Applicant should not have completed 34 years of age at the time of joining.
5. Salary: Rs. 47000 per month, based on qualification and prevailing DBT/CSIR norms.
6. Tenure: Minimum of 1 year and maximum of 3 years.
7. Job description: Generation of mutant library for the essential gene Tom40, membrane protein expression, characterization of morphological and physiological changes in yeast mitochondria, correlation of Tom40 defects with α-synuclein misimport in mitochondria, identification of molecular and metabolic defects in yeast, data analysis. Other researchrelated work can be assigned from time to time.