Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata A position for a Junior Research Fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Dr. Amlan K. Roy, Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves knowledge in Quantum Chemistry and/or Quantum Physics and the use of computer programming.
1. Posts: Junior Research Fellow
2. No.of. Posts: 01
3. Remuneration: As per BRNS rules.
4. Tenure: Initially for one year, with the possibility of extension for a maximum of two years, depending on the availability of fund and satisfactory performance.
5. Basic Eligibility Criteria: Highly motivated candidates interested in Theoretical Chemistry/physics, with M.Sc. in Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics (minimum 55% marks in M.Sc). Preference will be given to NET/GATE/INSPIRE/JEST qualified candidates. Candidates should have a strong theoretical background (with knowledge on quantum mechanics/chemistry) and would be expected to carry out theoretical development on Density Functional Theory (DFT).
6. Additional experience (desirable): Exposure to Linux and computer programming will also be helpful.
7. Title of project: Information-theoretic measures and complexity under free and confinement situations within DFT: some model and many-electron systems.