Online applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the following posts in Kannur University on regular basis.
1. Post: Assistant Professor
2. Economics – 01
ii. Wood Science & Technology – 01
iii. Mass Communication & Journalism – 01
iv. Molecular Biology – 01
3. Academic Level Pay Matrix: 10 (Rs. 57,700/- to Rs. 1,82,400/-)
4. Qualifications for the post of Assistant Professors in the University Departments: For the disciplines of Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences and Languages, Physical Education, Journalism & Mass Communication.
5. Eligibility (A or B):
A. 1) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant /allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
2) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC. (exemption from NET shall be granted in accordance with clause (ii) & (iii) of General Note in the last section of this document). OR
B. The Ph.D. degree from a foreign University/Institution with a ranking among top 500 in the world University ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) The Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) The Academic Ranking Of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been awarded by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;The candidate has published two research papers from her/his Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
d) The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on her/his Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/ funded/supported by the UGC/ ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned. (iii) The clearing of NET shall not be required for candidates in such disciplines for which NET has not been conducted. (iv) A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the master’s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level.
6. A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC) (non-creamy layer)/Differently Abled in the category of (a) Visual Impairment (VI) including blindness and low vision, and (b) Locomotor Disability (LD) including leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy. The eligibility of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed), wherever specified, and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
(v) A relaxation of 5% may be provided (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
(vi) A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the master’s level shall also be considered eligible.
(vii) The time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and/ or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing research degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/ Promotion.
(viii) The number of candidates to be called for interview for the teaching posts in the University, shall be determined after screening of applications in accordance with the guidelines laid down in the screening guidelines annexed with this notification. (x) For those entering into the University Service, other stipulations prescribed by the UGC/University/Govt. of Kerala shall be mandatory for all posts.