Applications are invited from the Indian nationals for the position of Post-doctoral Fellow (PDF) to work in a DRDO CARS project with contract number DEBEL/20CR0003/BMT/19-20, entitled “Kinematic Modelling and Task-based Synthesis of Lower-Limb Exoskeleton for Defense Services” under the supervision of undersigned. The short-term project focusses at two major objectives – Kinematic modelling and workspace analysis of existing human-exoskeleton system, and Gait-data-based optimal synthesis of hybrid architectures for leg-exoskeleton.
1. Posts: Post Doctoral Fellow
2. No.of. Posts: 01
3. Emoluments: Rs. 55,000 per month (consolidated)
4. Job Description: DEBEL is involved with design and development of various life-support systems and biomedical devices for soldier’s lifesaving and augmentation. Augmentative exoskeletons are expected to improve the operational efficiency of the soldiers. Exoskeleton design and development encounter many challenges, including ergonomically acceptable wearing technology, architecture design, human-motion compatibility, humanrobot interaction etc. To emulate natural human motion along with the exoskeleton, it is important to have a kinematic model to understand the requisite configuration for a given task of the human coupled with exoskeleton. The research work will focus at the development of a generic kinematic model of human coupled exoskeleton system which could be divided into two phases. The first phase involves task-based kinematic modelling and workspace analysis for different architectures of exoskeleton configurations and to identify well-conditioned zones for working. The second phase consists of development of a task-based configuration selection and optimal dimensional synthesis with comparative analysis, in general. Programming skills, mechanisms modelling and learning and utilization of professional softwares are inherent job requirements.
5. Essential Qualifications: ‘Phd degree (submitted/defended) in related field’, and good academic record with atleast 60% marks (or 6.5 CGPA) in B.Tech/BE and Masters degrees. Exposure in Robot Kinematics is must.
6. Desirables: A candidate with ‘Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics’ would be preferred. Proficient in Programming skills as Matlab, C/C++/Python, and research experience in robotics or biomechanics field.