Applications are invited for the post of ONE JRF position under (Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), DST sponsored Project. The details of the project are as under:
1. Posts: Junior Research Fellow
2. No.of. Posts: 01
3. Title of The Project Structural Geometry, Kinematics of deformation, Grain Scale deformation mechanisms and Geothermobarometry of the east-central part of the Mahakoshal belt, Central India: Implication on the tectonic evolution of the Central Indian Tectonic Zone
4. Tenure of the project Three years
5. Job Description (in maximum of 100 words) Intensive Geological fieldwork, data collection, sample collection from field area around Singrauli and Anpara (Uttarpradesh and Madhya Pradesh), Preparation of draft maps and cross sections by georeferencing in computers, laboratory analysis and study of powdered rock samples and thin sections of rock samples collected from field, assisting in preparation of reports, research publications, documents etc.
6. Ph.D enrolment The selected candidate may be allowed to enroll for Ph.D. program as per institute rules
7. Essential Qualification Candidates should have first class or equivalent GPA in M.Sc./M.Sc.(Tech.) in Applied Geology/Geology with a B.Sc (Hons/Major) in Applied Geology/Geology with Mathematics as one of the pass/subsidiary/minor papers in graduation. Candidates applying for the post should also possess valid NET/GATE qualification certificate
8. Desirable Qualification Knowledge on geological mapping, ore and rock petrography, data processing in EXCEL, Geochemical Data Plotting software, Orientation data plotting software.
9. Fellowship Rs. 31,000/- (consolidated) per month + 16% HRA for first 2-years and Rs. 35,000/- (consolidated) per month +16% HRA for 3rd year for SRF on successful completion of 2 Year as JRF