Applications are invited from suitable candidates for filling up the purely temporary positions in the following projects/schemes of Dr. Jyothilakshmi Vadassery, Scientist, NIPGR.
1. ICAR-NASF project entitled “Development of sustainable management tools for the invasive pest, Fall Armyworm Spodoptera frugiperda (J. E. Smith) in maize”,
2. Position: Senior Research Fellow (one post)
3. Emoluments . 31000/- per month, plus HRA as per ICAR norms & as sanctioned in the project.
4. NCR Cluster Institutions Project “Deciphering the first structure of plant cyclic nucleotide-gated channel: Studies on CNGC19, a key player in defense against herbivory”,
5. Senior Research Fellow (one post): Emoluments as per DST/DBT norms.
6. Qualification for both the positions: Candidates selected through National Eligibility Tests as mentioned in the DST Office Memorandum number SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated January 30, 2019 and having M.Sc. degree (with minimum 55% marks) in Life Sciences/Agriculture/Biotechnology/Biochemistry or equivalent with 2 years of post- M.Sc. experience and good academic records are eligible for interview. Candidate having prior research experience of working with Insects and RNAi, Membrane proteins in plants are highly desirable.
7. The above positions are completely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project. The fellowship amount for the above positions are as sanctioned in the project and as per DBT/DST/ICAR norms. The initial appointment will be for one year or till the tenability of the project whichever is earlier and the same can be curtailed/extended on the basis of assessment of the candidate’s performance and discretion of the Competent Authority. NIPGR reserves the right to select the candidate against the above post depending upon the qualification and experience of the candidate. Reservation of posts shall be as per Govt. of India norms. The appointment may be terminated any time by giving one-month notice by either side. The applicants will have no claim implicit or explicit for consideration against any regular position of NIPGR.