National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), New Delhi on behalf of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare is seeking resumes from qualified candidates for the above mentioned post purely on contractual basis.
1. Position: Lead Consultant – Maternal Health
2. Qualification & Experience: Essentials MBBS with public health post graduate qualifications and 5+ years of working experience out of which 3-4 years relevant experience in management of RCH related programmes. Familiarity with the public health system, and relevant government policies/ strategies, particularly National Health Mission and State Health Societies OR Non-MBBS (but with relevant degree BDS/BAMS/BHMS/MSW/Masters in social sciences / Para medical) with Public Health post graduate qualification with 7 + years of working experience in public health , out of which 3 years relevant experience RMNCH+A. Familiarity with the public health system, and relevant government policies/ strategies, particularly National Health Mission and State Health Societies
3. Remuneration Range: Between Rs 1,30,000/- to Rs. 1,70,000/- per month.
4. Reporting officer: Joint Commissioner (MH), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
5. Place of posting: New Delhi
6. Roles and Responsibilities: Responsible for providing technical and programmatic assistance for implementation of Maternal Health Programmes and system strengthening for Maternal Health. Developing technical guidelines and protocols for improving service delivery related to mother and new-born. Provide technical and programmatic support for roll out of Midwifery Initiative, Provide technical and programmatic support for revamping Antenatal Care services including skill based training of healthcare providers for ensuring quality ANC, inclusion of antenatal screening for additional priorities such as screening for mental illnesses, hep B, maternal malnutrition etc, Provide technical and programmatic support for strengthening implementation of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus and PPTCT programme, Undertake periodic field visits to states and districts to review programme implementation in the States, identify implementation challenges and support states in charting appropriate solutions or enable linkages with appropriate institutions for technical inputs in the state or at national level etc. Undertake analytical documentation of field review visits to inform improvements in implementation, Building capacities at district and state level for planning for maternal health and related health systems, Reviewing & improving the plans submitted by States, using both epidemiological and HMIS inputs. Provide technical assistance for implementation of the strategies for reduction of maternal mortality at centre, and in states, as may be agreed upon from time to time. Undertake other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the Reporting Authority, Undertake review of literature and stay up-to-date on current trends in health systems strengthening.Collect and analyse state and national data on components of health systems strengthening on a regular basis, Provide periodic synopsis of progress in states using data and field findings as a means of technical support and programme oversight. Delivery of all the above tasks in a time boundmanner