Director, FRI & Vice Chancellor, FRI Deemed to be University, Dehradun invites applications for online walk-in-interview for the Position of one Junior Consultant (Wood Science & Technology). The notification containing Applications Form, Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification, Age Limit and Remuneration etc. is available on website www.fridu.edu.in & www.fri.res.in
1. Position: Junior Consultant (Wood Science & Technology)
2. Essential Qualification : Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in Wood Science & Technology from and Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/CSIR/ICAR in the discipline/related discipline. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-classes and to this Clause 1 candidates, who are, or have awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009/2016, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment of Junior Consultant. Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil./Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bylaws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions, Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only; Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners; Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted; d) Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal; Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D. work. (a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-ViceChancellor/Dean (Academic Affairs)/Dean(University instruction).
3. Desirable Qualification : Significant contribution to Teaching/Research as supported by published work/innovations. Candidates must be capable to teach any two or more of these papers at Masters level given below : Wood Chemistry, Wood Physics, Saw milling & Saw Doctoring, Wood Anatomy : Wood Quality v) Timber Mechanics : Strength Properties & Timber Grading, Composite Wood : Plywood & Adhesives, Wood Working and Finishing, Wood Seasoning, Wood Preservation, Composite Wood, Reconstituted Wood & Laminated Wood, Timber Engineering, Product Design & Fabrication
4. Remuneration: Junior Consultant: Rs. 50,000/- per month (Fixed) (Taxes etc. Shall be deduced as per prevalent rules of the Govt. of India.)
5. Duration of the Consultants: The duration of the Junior Consultant shall be upto the period of one academic session, extendable on the recommendation of the review committee by a maximum period of two academic sessions but one academic session at a time.
i) To help develop FRI Deemed to be University as a centre of excellence in Forestry education and research.
ii) To contribute to the development of academic pool of FRI/FRI Deemed to be University.
iii) To bring national and international perspective in theme areas
iv) To assist networking with the institutions, organization and individual resources in the theme areas
v) To develop capacity building modules.
vi) To help in career advancement of students and enhance the employment avenues for forestry professional and young researchers.
vii) To develop teaching aids and materials.
viii) To deliver lectures and participate in different academic programmes of the University
ix) To contribute to meet the challenges of new emerging and academic issues.
x) To help improving research writing and publications.