One “Project attendant” position is available in the research group of Dr. Sreeramaiah N. Gangappa, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The work involves assisting Ph.D students and Postdoctoral scientists on day-to-day research activities. Main activities include, washing glassware/plastic ware, dusting lab benches and instruments, preparing tips and Eppendorf, and autoclaving media/reagents/plastic/glassware, from time to time whenever necessary. Also, Candidates are also responsible for preparing pots for sowing Arabidopsis seeds and planting seedlings, taking care of plants in the growth chambers whenever advised. Also, any other activities related to the lab cleaning/maintenance whenever advised
1. Position: Project attendant
2. Title of project: Unravelling the role of LIGHT-RESPONSE BRIC-A-BRACK/TRAMTRACK/BROAD (LRB) E3 ubiquitin ligases in temperature-mediated regulation of growth and reproduction in Arabidopsis thaliana”
3. Number of positions available : One
4. Funding agency : SERB/DST
5. Principal investigator: Dr. Sreeramaiah N. Gangappa, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Biological Sciences, IISER Kolkata
6. Remuneration: As per MHRD rules.
7. Tenure: Initially for one year, with the possibility of extension, for a maximum of three years, depending on the availability of fund and satisfactory performance.
8. Basic Eligibility Criteria: Highly motivated candidates with ability to handle multiple activities and willing to work hard to acquire new skills. Candidates should have at least passed Matriculation to apply for the position. Candidates with higher education qualification will be given preference.
9. Additional experience (desirable): Candidates with prior knowledge of working with plants is encouraged and will be given the preference.