Applications are invited from the citizens of India for SRF position for the sponsored project undertaken in the Center for Climate and Environmental Studies (CCES), IISER-Kolkata. This temporary position is initially for a period of 6 months and tenable only for the duration of the project subject to satisfactory performance. The requisite qualification, experience, etc. are given below:
1. Project Title: Role of Himalayan glaciers in the Ganga river system: A study based on stable Isotope.
2. Temporary Position(s): Senior Research Fellow
3. Number of vacancies: One
4. Salary: Rs. 35,000/- + HRA
5. Coordinator / PI: Prof. Prasanta Sanyal
6. Department: Center for Climate and Environmental Studies (CCES)
7. Project and Job description: Stable water isotope (d18O and dD), dissolved nitrate isotope (d15N and d18O) measurement in water sample.
8. Qualifications: Post Graduate Degree in Geology/Earth Science. Qualified National Eligibility Tests–CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE. Two years of experience as JRF Working experience in stable isotope ratio mass spectrometer is desirable. The candidate must have expertise in water isotope and dissolved nitrate isotope measurement.