National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Manesar-122052, Gurgaon, invites applications for one position of Project Scientist-I (Project) under DBT funded Project titled “Comparative Mapping of Common Mental Disorders (CMD) Over Lifesspan”
1. Name of the position: Project Scientist-I (Project)
2. No. of Post: 01 (One)
3. Essential qualification: Doctoral Degree in Science or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University of equivalent Expertise in Signal processing, Computational methods and modelling, data mining using fMRI and EEG/MEG brain signals, Advanced statistics as evidenced through high quality publications in the area. Documented proof of expertise is an essential criterion. Given the nature of the project experience and interest in Systems and Computational Cognitive Neuroscience will be considered an added advantage. Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis are also eligible to apply.
4. Job profile / responsibility: The focus of the project will be to unravel the link between Brain connectivity and dynamics across variety of common mental disorders (CMD) over the human lifespan. In this project, we are going to relate EEG, fMRI brain activity patterns, anatomy and functional connectivity alterations with behavioral deficits observed in younger and elderly cohort to understand whether the young and elderly groups typically exhibit overlapping and non-overlapping features observed in large scale brain networks and dynamics. Finally, an overarching aim of this project would be to use and apply computational models to gain insight into age associated brain connectivity changes and behavioral phenotype and symptom severity.
5. Mandatory requirement: A Statement of Purpose (SOP) should accompany the application, without which the application will not be considered. The SOP is a critical document that must state clearly and specifically the relationship between the applicant’s interests and the research objectives of the lab.
6. Fellowship:` 56,000/- per month + HRA @ 8%
7. Tenure: The tenure will be for a period of one year initially, extendable on performance review. The post is co-terminus with the project. Selected candidates should abide by the rules and regulations of NBRC