Applications are invited for the position of Senior Research Fellow (Project) for the following time-bound sponsored project as per the details given below:
1. Post details and No of Posts: Senior Research Fellow (Project) (One position only)
2. Name of the project & Duration of the Project: Project entitled “Immunoepigenetics study of the humoral immune response in COVID-19 patients from India” funded by SERB Tenable till- 12.08.2023
3. Educational Qualifications: M.Sc. or M.Tech. in any area of life sciences with minimum two years of post M.Sc. experience. Candidate should have cleared any National Level Eligibility Test (NET/GATE etc).
4. Emoluments: The selected candidates will draw consolidated emoluments as per Institute Rules, depending upon qualifications & experience. Rs. 35,000/- per month plus 24% HRA (As per DST OM dated 30.01.2019)
5. Job description & Desired Knowledge:. The selected candidate is expected to work on the T-cell and B-cell immunology to explore the characteristics of protective immunity in the individuals recovered from COVID-19. Most of the work will utilize PBMCs and serum as the sample from individuals enrolled in this study. Interested candidate should have basic concepts of immunology and expected to have skills in clinical research. Hands-on experience in Flow Cytometry, Cell sorting using magnetic columns or FACS, human primary cell culture, PBMC handling, cloning, RNA isolation and quantitative real-time PCR is required. Candidates with hands-on experience in the human immunology research of vaccines or virus infections will be preferred.