Engagement of Superannuated Electrical Supervisor, Amin and Dragline Operator who have superannuated from (ECL/CIL/Govt. employees) under the “Fixed Term Extended Service Policy” in ECL. Enclosed please find herewith the Scheme for engagement of the retired employees of ECL/CIL/Govt. in Special Killed Services like post of Electrical Supervisor, Amin and Dragline Operator on contract basis in ECL, duly approved by the Board of Directors of ECL.
1. Position: Electrical Supervisor
2. Title: This Scheme is called “Fixed Term Extended Service Policy” for engaging statutory and critical personnel in case of extreme necessity and urgency.
3. Scope: The Scheme covers the engagement of superannuated statutory personnel and essential category employees of ECL/ClL/Govt. on fixed tenure basis in ECL. This scheme is not meant for re-appointment but would be treated as an extended period of service due to exceptional situation to tide over the crisis temporarily in view of acute shortage of statutory and essential/critical category employees causing serious impediment to work or to escape statutory violation. The functional Directors of ECL can approve the engagement of retired statutory personnel & critical category employee under the scheme.
a) Where there is a vacancy in the approved Manpower Budget.
b) In case Departmental candidates are not available to fill up the vacant posts & sourcing the said category employee through open recruitment will need long time or the response to open advertisement is not sufficient.
4. Coverage; Initially, this Scheme covers engagement of Mining Sirdar, Electrical Supervisor and Land & Revenue Personnel. The Functional Directors may be empowered to add such other designation/category as may felt extreme necessity.
5. Commencement and Periodicity: The Scheme will come into operation from the date of approval by the Board of Directors of ECL. The Scheme will be in operation till such time the Functional Directors of ECL after review decide to abandon the scheme in view of the improvement of the position of availability of manpower in critical categories.
6. Procedure of Engagement: The application through notification in Website as well as Circular to Areas for displaying in the Notice Board would be made. Eligible applicants can prefer their application to the GM (P&IR) in the prescribed format. All applicants would be called for the personal interview/screening by a Committee, constituted by Director (Personnel). As per the recommendation of the Committee, the successful candidates will be engaged after approval of Chairman-cum- Managing Director.
7. Offer of Engagement; The offer of engagement shall be issued in writing and will clearly specify the tenure of engagement.
8. Remuneration: The engaged persons will be paid a consolidated amount of 50% of wages last ‘ drawn i.e. Basic + DA, for each month of service rendered. The period of absence will be proportionately deducted on pro rata basis. This will be a consolidated pay inclusive of Underground and all other allowances. The UG allowance last drawn will be added to basic or 50% of the some will be added to consolidated payment