Applications in the prescribed proforma (as per Annexure I to the advertisement) are invited from eligible candidates for engagement of 01(one) Consultant in the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, as per details given below:
1. Posts: Consultant
2. No.of. Posts: 01
3. Period of Consultancy : Initially for 02 (Two) years The contract can be extended further depending on assessment of performance, mutual willingness and depending on the requirement. The contract can be terminated by either side at any time, by giving one month’s notice.
4. Nature of Duties : The selected Consultant will be required to work as Legal Consultant in the DPA-III division, MEA. Their duties will entail, but would not be limited to, the following: Advising the Division on all legal contractual matters, drafting notices & legal replies and supporting arbitration cases of the Division and coordinating with the lawyers and arbitrators. Drafting Statements of Defence (SoD) and examining Statements of Claims (SoC) in arbitration. Filing replies based on the contractual provisions . Interpreting and advising on legal matters related to Law of Contracts, handling dispute resolutions. Regular monitoring and follow up of specific legal issues entrusted to them. Analyze legal issues and recommend course of action in the legal issues assigned to them. Attend court hearings, liaise with government lawyers and prepare legal briefs. Undertake research on specific legal issues. To maintain a status report of all ongoing Court Cases and track the dates of next hearing etc. to suitably alert the officers concerned. To process matter related to payment of professional fees to Central Govt. Counsel as admissible. The consultants would be required to train the regular staff of the Ministry with a view to transferring the knowledge and skills during the period of Consultancy. Any other legal matter assigned by the Head of Division.
5. Qualifications/Essential Criteria : Applicant should be an Indian National . Applicants for the above position must have an LLM Degree from a recognized university in India or abroad. Extra credit will be given for experience of work in a reputed law firm in the area of arbitration and contract law. Age criteria 35-63 years. Applicant should possess fluency in English. Applicant should be well versed with the use of computer, Internet etc.
6. Desirable Criteria : Previous experience of handling work relating to legal contractual matters, arbitration cases and International Law in Government of India.
7. Remuneration & Entitlements : The remuneration package will be commensurate with the experience and profile of the selected candidate, subject to a maximum of Rs.10 lakh per annum and deduction of applicable taxes. The employment will be strictly contractual and will not confer any other benefits to the selected candidate. In case the Consultant is required to travel domestically or abroad as part of his/her duties, the Ministry will take care of his/her travel, accommodation and per- diem costs, on par with Under Secretary in the Ministry. The consultant would be permitted to conduct independent legal work during the engagement with the Ministry with prior permission of the Ministry. However, such work should not in any way interfere with their work in the Ministry. The selected consultant is required to enter into a contract with the Ministry in a prescribed format w.e.f. from the actual date of engagement as Consultant.