Subject: Engagement of Consultant for assisting in International Trade Matter.
Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPl) deals with issues related to international trade in agri-food products (Chapters 1 to 23 and such other Chapters relevant time to time). This includes preparation of wish list for tariff concession from the partner country/ trading bloc and offer of concession to them on their request list under Preferential Trade Agreements/ Free Trade Agreement/ Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) etc. Impact analysis / monitoring of Trade Agreements in force and bilateral negotiation is also an ongoing activity. Besides, formulation of suitable Product Specific Rule (PSR) for each tariff line ensures tariff concession to the originating country/s only. This Ministry also formulates views on other international agreements including WTO agreement on agri-food and Food Processing for which the assistance in terms of trade data support and such other inputs are required.
1. Position: Consultant
2. Essential: Persons having Master’s Degree in Economics.
3. Desirable: Persons with additional qualification in Trade data analysis or research experience, published papers in reputed journals will be preferred.
4. Work Experience: Minimum of two year of Work Experience in Government Department in international trade policy related to agri-food products (chapters 1 to 23 Indian HS classification) on following issues (a) FTA/PTA negotiation/agreement/CECA/CEPA; (ii) Other bilateral/multilateral negotiation relating to trade; (iv)WTO issues; (v) Any other trade policy/ taxation issue.
5. 2. Remuneration and Allowances:
a. Remuneration: A consolidated amount of Rs. 60,000 per month. There shall be an annual increase of 5% subject to satisfactory performance on the basis of Annual Performance Certificate to be given by the Head of the Economic Division in the Ministry.
6. Place of Posting: Consultant shall be engaged in Economic Division in Ministry of Food Processing Industries, New Delhi.
7. Scope of Work/ Terms of Reference (TOR)/ Deliverables:
a. Create a database of India’s trade flows for all agri-food products (administered by Ministry of Food Processing Industries) at HS 8 digit, along with bound and applied rates. Analyse the database/data set to capture broad export trends, conduct competitiveness analysis of India’s agri-food products for exports and identify the tariff lines with: (i)high export growth and (ii) other products having export potential. Analyse the database/data set to capture broad import trends, conduct an analysis of vulnerability of India’s agri-food products from imports and identify the products/tariff lines with imports threat that would require duty protection on account of livelihood and food security.
8. Period of Engagement: Initially for a period of 1 year (can be extended upto 2 years – one year at a time depending on requirement and satisfactory performance).