Applications are invited from the eligible candidates, for filling up the following post on contract basis in the ICMR funded project titled “Strengthening Laboratory Surveillance for Pneumococcal Meningitis in India to understand the impact of Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) Rollout” under Dr.V.Ravi, Sr. Professor & Head Dept. of Neurovirology and Principal Investigator
1. Name of the Post: Scientist C (Non-Medical)
2. No. of Posts: 01 (UR)
3. Essential Qualifications: Post graduate Medical Degree (MD) in Microbiology with one year R&D/teaching experience from recognized universityOr MBBS degree recognized by MCI or equivalent degree from recognized University with 4 years R&D/Teaching experience in Medical Microbiology after MBBS Degree Or M.Sc Microbiology with a Ph.D degree in Microbiology/Virology or a relevant subject to the project from a recognized University with R&D/teaching experience in the relevant subject.
4. Desirable: 2 years Work experience in Encephalitis/ meningitis surveillance laboratory
5. Age Limit 40 years. Age relaxation is admissible as per ICMR guidelines*
6. Emoluments / Salary: Rs.54,440/- p.m + HRA
7. Nature of duties: Laboratory testing for meningeal pathogens
8. Location: Department of Neurovirology, NIMHANS, Bengaluru.
9. Duration: of the Post 40 months