Fresh applications are invited for the post of Junior Research Fellow in a Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) funded project entitled “Study of unusual thermal expansion and compressibility in organic and metal-organic materials” under the supervision of Dr. Dinabandhu Das, School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
1. Position: Junior Research Fellow
2. Essential Qualification: The applicant must have M.Sc. degree in Chemistry (Organic /Inorganic) from UGC recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks. The candidate should have good analytical skills.
3. Desirable Qualification: Candidates with experience on synthesis of organic/inorganic molecules and Crystallography. Candidates with CSIR/UGC-NET/GATE are encouraged to apply.
4. Fellowship/Salary: As per DST norms, fellowship is ₹31,000/- p.m. plus HRA as permissible for first two years. There will be enhanced fellowship in the third year as ₹35,000/- p.m. plus HRA.
5. Duration: The selected candidate will be appointed on purely temporary basis, initially for a period of one year and renewable each year subject to satisfactory performance for a maximum of three years.
6. Main objectives of the project: Design, synthesis and characterization of new organic and metal-organic compounds. Crystallization of these compounds to study thermal expansion and compressibility by variable temperature X-ray diffraction experiment. Analysis of the data and rationalize the problem