1. The details regarding qualification, publication, experience, screening guidelines and indicative proforma, etc. are available on the college website www.sbsec.org along with this advertisement. The applicants are required to read these details before filling up the form.
2. Any addendum/corrigendum shall be posted only on the College website
1. The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in the College shall be on the basis of merit trough all India advertisement and selections by the duly constituted Selection Committee.
2. The Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D Degree (Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University/Colleges/Institutes.
3. Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil/Ph.D. programme prior to 11 July, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bylaws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutes subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions :- i. Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only; ii. Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners; iii. Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted; iv. Candidate has published two research papers from/based on his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal; v. Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D. work. (i) to (v) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor/Dean (Academic Affairs)/Dean (University Instructions)
4. NET shall not be required for such Master’s degree Programmes in disciplines for which NET or a similar test accredited by the UGC is not conducted.
5. A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently-abled (Physically and Visually differently-abled) / Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy layer) categories for the Purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to faculty positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
6. A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% or 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19 September 1991.
7. Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
8. The period taken by the candidates to acquire M.Phil Degree and the residency period prescribed for pursuing Ph.D. shall not be considered as teaching/research experience to be claimined for appointment to the faculty positions.
9. The number of candidates to be called for interview for the faculty position in the University and its college, shall be determined after screening of application in accordance with the guidelines laid down by Executive Council in this regard.
General Instruction for Applicants:
1. Applications should possess the prescribed qualifications and experience as on the closing date of applications, as prescribed by the University from time to time for the respective posts. All the above posts carry UGC pay scales plus admissible allowances. Applicants are required to produce specific certificates as per eligibility conditions. The posts are being advertised keeping in view the broad areas of specialization in subjects. However, the College concerned may have specific requirement of specialization. The applications received shall be screened as per screened as per screening guidelines attached with the advertisement for short listing and recommending the applicants to be called for interview. Merely fulfilling the minimum qualifications or the eligibility criteria does not entitle an applicant to be necessarily considered or called for interview. Publications ‘under submission’ or submitted to referees will not be considered towards calculation of points for publications criteria. Further, all the items for which points are claimed should be strictly in accordance with the screening guidelines attached with the advertisement. The minimum Points requirement for shortlisting of applicants for the post of Assistant Professor will be as indicated in the screening guidelines attached herewith.
2. Application fees and forms are to be submitted as per details given below: Fees for Assistant Professor (if applicable) – Rs. 500/- for UR/OBC/EWS category . No application fee will be charged from applicants from SC, ST, PwD and Women Applicants. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances Applications forms have to be filled only in online mode, as available on the website of the College/University along with the present advertisement, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement. No offline forms would be accepted. Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit card/Net Banking. Applications with incomplete information or without requisite fee shall be rejected. Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees separately.
3. The reservation for applicants from OBC (non-creamy layer), SC, ST, and PwBD-Persons with Benchmark Disability categories will be applicable as per UGC norms. Applicants seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PwBD categories must upload the necessary documents justifying the claim of respective reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms. The certificate uploaded should be in the format prescribed by the Union Government. Applicants applying for the post(s) reserved for OBC must upload certificate of OBC (non-creamy layer) in the prescribed form issued by Competent Authority. The certificate should be of the current financial year, in accordance with instructions issued by the Union Government in this respect from time to time. Applicants should ascertain that they belong to the reserve categories (caste) enlisted in the Central List. If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploaded with the application, the application shall be rejected and no appeal against its rejection will be entertained.
4. Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India, the University shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents uploaded with the applications. In case the information/documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law. The Shortlisted candidates called for interview should report along with all the testimonials/certificates in original along with photo ID. A set of photocopy of certificates/testimonials with respect to the qualifications and experience indicated in the online application form, duly certified by the applicant should be submitted at the time of interview.
5. Applicants serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/Autonomous Bodies) are required to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer, at the time of interview, if not uploaded with the online application earlier.
6. All correspondence from the College including interview letter, if any, shall be sent only to the e-mail address provided by the applicant in the online application form.
7. Canvassing in any form will be treated as a disqualification.
8. Applications which do not meet the eligibility criteria given in this advertisement and / or are incomplete in any respect shall be summarily rejected.
9. Applicants must NOT furnish any particulars that are false, tampered or fabricated, or suppress any material / information while submitting the online application and uploading self-certified copies/testimonials.
10. The number/category of posts advertised may vary, and the College reserves the right not to fill up some or all posts advertised.
11. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of Interview may also be filled up from the available shortlisted candidates.
12. The College shall verify the documents submitted by and antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found that the documents/information submitted by the candidate are false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information, the services of the candidate shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the University.
13. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issuing an appointment letter, the College reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicant.
14. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the College shall be final. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
15. No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attaching interview.
16. Last date for submission of application is as indicated in the present advertisement uploaded on the University website.
17. In case of any dispute, legal jurisdiction will be Delhi.
Shortlisting of candidates: Criteria and Process :
1. The Screening Committee will draw a list of all the candidates indicating the marks scored by them in descending order i.e. starting from the candidate getting the highest marks towards the candidates getting the lower marks.
2. In case of tie in the marks of two or more candidates, the candidate having the higher/highest marks at the Master’s level shall be ranked above the other(s).
3. For appointment in the Colleges, all candidates securing 60 marks and above shall be called for interview for posts of Assistant Professors. A minimum of 50 candidates for the first vacancy and 20 candidates for every additional vacancy shall be called for interview in order of their ranks in the list prepared by the Screening Committee on the basis of marks scored by the candidates. In case the minimum number of candidates as specified above is not available, the benchmark of 60 marks may be progressively lowered as required, until the minimum eligibility as specified in Ordinance XXIV is reached so that this minimum number of candidates shall be called for interview.
4. The marks awarded to the candidates during the process of screening of applications shall not have any weightage/credit or merit during assessment/interview of the candidates by the Selection Committee as these marks shall be used only for screening/shortlisting purposes
5. The time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and / or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing research degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/ promotion.
6. In case of any dispute with regard to screening of the applications, the decision of the Screening Committee shall be final.
7. The status of short-listing will be made available on the dashboards of the respective applicants for information.