Filling up of position(s) for engagement as Project Associate-I and -II for sponsored project taken up in the Lab. Applications are invited in the prescribed Proforma for filling up of position(s) of Project Associate-I and II on a purely temporary basis. The detail of the Sponsored Project under which engagement is proposed to be made is as under:
1. No. of positions to be filled up: Project Associate-I (two)
2. Title of the Project: CRISPR/Cas9 mediated deletion of sterol glycoalkaloid gene or gene cluster from tomato and potato genome for nutritional quality improvement in staple food crops
3. Minimum prescribed educational Qualifications:
a. M.Sc/M.Tech in any branch of Chemistry or bachelor’s degree in Engineering with specialization in chemistry branch from Recognized Institute/University. Candidates with NET/GATE would be preferred as per DST Norms
b. M.Sc/M.Tech in Biochemistry/M.Sc in Natural or Agricultural Sciences/ MVSc or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine Biotechnology/ Microbiology or any branch in Life Sciences from Recognized University. Candidates with NET/GATE would be preferred as per DST Norms
4. Desirable experience, if any:
a. Experience in organic synthesis, spectroscopic and spectrometric analyses, NMR, HPLC and MS analyses
b. Experience in routine molecular biology techniques (gene isolation, cloning, and expression), bioinformatics analysis, plant transformation techniques, agroinfiltration experiments in plants, experience/knowledge about advanced genome editing tools like CRISPR/Cas9 and Virus-Induced GeneSilencing (VIGS)
5. Job requirement:
a. Synthesis of small molecules and their characterization by spectrometric and spectroscopic techniques; Performing analytical techniques like NMR, HPLC and mass spectrometry and data analyses etc.
b. Identification, amplification and cloning of candidate genes from tomato and potato; Developing CRISPR-mediated gene knockout constructs using multiple guide RNAs; Generation of CRISPR-mediated transgenic tomato/potato plants and their screening; Tissue-specific metabolite quantification of wild-type and transgenic tomato/potato lines grown in greenhouse under controlled conditions.
6. Consolidated emoluments per month: Rs. 31000/- + HRA to scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Test CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant professorship) or (b) GATE or Rs. 25000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under above