Applications are invited from eligible and willing officers of Central Government / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Organisation for filling up the following posts on deputation basis (including short term contract) for a period of 3 (three) years in the Office of the Registrar General, India. These posts are located in Office of the Registrar General, India (ORGI) in New Delhi as well as in the Directorates of Census Operations located in the State capitals of India. Selected officers are likely to be posted as per their choice stations to the extent possible. The details of the posts are as under :-
1. Position: Statistical Investigator Grade-I
2. Qualification: Officers under the Central Government/ State, Government / UnionTerritories / Universities/ Recognized Institutions/ Public Sector Research Undertakings / Autonomous Orgnisations/ statutory or Semi- Government Orgnisations:- holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department, or with five years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in the posts in the a band-II re-revised Rs.9300-34800 lus
3. Essential Qualifications & experience: Master’s Degree in Statistics or Mathematics or Economics or Business Studies or Management Studies from a recognized University Two years experience in collection , tabulation,analysis and interpretation of Statistical data.
4. The Departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion will not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
5. (Period of deputation (including short term contract) including period of deputation (including short term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization or department of Central Government shall ordinarily not to be exceed three years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including short term contract) shall not be exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of the receipt of applications.
6. For the purpose of appointment on deputation basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1st January, 2006 or the date from which the revised pay structure based on the 6th Central Pay Commission recommendations has been extended, shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay or pay scale, extended based on the recommendation of the pay Commissionexcept where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale of pay into one grade with a common grade pay or pay scale, and where this benefit will extended only for the post(s) for which that grade pay or pay scale is the normal replacement grade without any upgradation.
7. Duties and Responsibilities for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.l in ORGI: Assist in planning and execution of Statistical jobs/ schemes/ projects. Preparation of agenda notes, proceedings and consolidation of materials for meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences. Field work relating to Census Operations and other schemes/ projects. Imparting training to Enumerators and Supervisors during Census Operations and also to the personnel associated with other schemes and projects in SRS/CRS/NPR etc. Work relating to processing of data on House Listing, Population Enumeration and other schemes and projects and the generation of tables, statements, annexures, etc.
8. No of Posts: 200