Applications are invited from eligible and willing officers of Central Government / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Organisation for filling up the following posts on deputation basis (including short term contract) for a period of 3 (three) years in the Office of the Registrar General, India. These posts are located in Office of the Registrar General, India (ORGI) in New Delhi as well as in the Directorates of Census Operations located in the State capitals of India. Selected officers are likely to be posted as per their choice stations to the extent possible. The details of the posts are as under :-
1. Position: Research Officer Map
2. Officers under the Central or State Governments or Union Territories: Holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre/ department; or with two years’ service in the grade rendered afterappointment thereto on regular basis in posts in Pay Band PB-2 (Rs.9300-34800) and Grade Pay of Rs.4800 or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; or with three years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in posts in Pay Band PB-2 (Rs.9300-34800) and Grade Pay of Rs.4’600 or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; and
3. Essential Qualifications & Experience: Master’s Degree in Geography from a recognized University; and Three years research or teaching experience in the field of Cartography including Economic Geography or Population Geography in a recognised Institute.
4. Note: For the purpose of appointment on deputation basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1st January, 2006 or the date from which the revised pay structure based on the Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations has been extended, shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay or pay scale extendedbased on the recommendations of the Pay Commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale of pay into one grade with a common grade pay or pay scale, and where this benefit will extend only for the post(s) for which that grade pay or pay scale is the normal replacement grade without any upgradation.
5. No of Posts: 04
6. Duties and Responsibilities for the post of Research Officer (Map) in ORGI/DCOs: Preparation of reports and finalization of different mapping projects. Preparation of format for data collection. Supervise the statistical and drawing work and to guide the officials in computer assisted cartography and manual cartography. To check the annotations and analysis of the statistical data for various census publications.