Applications are invited for ONE Senior Research Fellow in the MHRD funded STARS project entitled “Delineating the molecular basis of Rho GTPase mediated actin degradation and its implication in amoebic encystation” in the laboratory of the undersigned.
1. Position: Senior Research Fellow
2. Salary: Rs.35,000/- per month + 24% HRA
3. Essential Qualification: Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in a Professional Course. Additionally, the candidate should have qualified UGC-NET (including lectureship), OR GATE, OR National level examinations conducted by MHRD and its Agencies and lnstitutions such as UGC, IIT/IISc/IISER/IIIT.
4. The candidate must have two years research experience and should have handled animal cell-cultures.
5. Desirable: Candidates with prior experience in working with Entamoeba will be given a preference. It is desirable that the candidates should have some experience in confocal microscopy, basic molecular and cell biology techniques.
6. The positions are completely temporary and co-terminus with the project. JNU reserves the right to relax any of the qualifications in case the candidate is found otherwise well qualified by the Selection Committee