1. Position: Project Associate
2. Job Profile
The position seeks a candidate with hands-on laboratory and field cultivation of microalgae to meet the requirements of a collaborative project with New Mexico Consortium, Los Alamos, USA. The candidate will work closely with project members, laboratory technicians, as well as the other research staff at the TDNBC Unit, Gurugram.
3. The position will involve
a. Cultivation, maintenance and harvesting of microalgae in the raceway ponds.
b. Design and execution of algal pest management experiments.
c. Media preparation, maintenance of cultures, general lab upkeep.
d. Downstream processing and purification of the target product.
e. Collect data and maintain record, data analysis and presentation, and submission of reports and manuscripts.
4. Qualification: Candidate must have a Masters in any areas of Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Environmental Sciences/ Microbiology/ Industrial Biotechnology with an at least 55% marks at Master level. Qualified NET or valid GATE score is preferred.
a. Must be able to work independently and in teams.
b. Must have good communication skills.
c. Willing to work for a minimum of 40 hours per week. If required should be able to work on weekends
5. Skills: This position will involve in algal field cultivation, for which the candidate is expected to be physically fit and committed.
6. Location: TERI-Gram
7. Salary: Rs. Remunerations will be according to Organizations policies and expertise of the candidate.