1. Posts: Knowledge Manager/ Senior Knolwedge Manager
2. Department / Wing: Knowledge & Research Division
3. Purpose of the Job: To provide project execution level support to the Resource Group activities in Education, Health, Welfare, Inclusiveness, Equity and allied sectors and other issues of transparency and accountability
4. Position Objectives: This position will work in close collaboration with Resource Group team. S/he will be responsible to provide and assist management support for the group’s knowledge management activities and ensures their alignment with the overall project goal and objectives. S/he will be responsible for networking and regular liaison with leading international and national projects and agencies engaged in Human development and related areas.
5. Essential: Master in Economics, Post Graduation in Social Sciences, Public Health, Development, Education, Communications, or related discipline, with 3 to 5 years experience in undertaking research work in allied domains in a Government / Private organization/project.
6. Desirable Work Experience in a Government Project, Policy and Governance landscape Certifications / Diplomas in associated disciplines are an added advantage.
7. Knowledge Manager:Over 2- 5 years of overallexperience in Consulting / Research / Training etc. with at least 2 years of experience in reputed organization projects.Sr. Knowledge Manager: Over 6-10 years and above of overall experience in Consulting / Research & Analysis/ Training etc. with at least 4 years of experience in reputed organization projects. The KM/Senior KM will assist and contribute to all aspects of the Human Development area and new business development activities. She or he will take initiatives to procure projects and responsibility for supervision of staff engaged on specific sections of a project.Be IT literate, including competency in Microsoft OfficeShe or he should have expertise in at least two of the following areas: Gender based issues ,Sexual and reproductive health, Education and skills development ,Civil society engagement & accountability,Social protection, Access to justice.Evidence-based policy design
8. 1.To contribute to the preparation of the Annual Action Plans of the Resource Group 2. To participate in the Business Development activities such as – a) Liaison with key officials of the prospective organizations b) Preparing or contributing to the preparation of concept notes, Expressions of Interest (EOIs), project proposals etc. c) Planning and implementing the BD activities as finalized by the superior officers of the Resource Group d) Updating the superior officers of the Resource Group on the progress of the BD activities assigned / planned 3. Participate in business development by managing and winning proposals from international and national agencies and UN, World Bank aid–funded tenders 4.Contribute innovative approaches and methodologies to proposals and programmes 5. To contribute to the preparation of project plans and schedules for the projects assigned and execute project activities, as per the project plans and schedules 6. To give inputs and guidance to the subordinate officers executing projects / assigned activities 7. To sort out any issues emerging during the implementation of the projects and escalate the same, in case they need intervention of the superior officers 8. To participate in Monthly Reviews / Milestone Reviews to update the superior officers of the Resource Group on the status of assigned activities 9. To interact regularly with the clients and realize payments, as per the agreed upon Schedules of Payments 10. To prepare appropriate knowledge resources such as project case studies, project data sheets, updated CVs of the Resource Group etc., on closure of the projects 11. To assist the superior officers of the Resource Group in identifying renowned organizations / consultants, working in the focus areas of the Resource Group 12. To participate in the publication activities of the Resource Group, such as research studies, case studies, paper presentations and publications 13. To take care of required correspondence with the clients, prospecting organizations etc. and maintain related files 14. To offer required support to the internal CGG Developmental Activities 15. To work with other team members in achieving organization objectives 16. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to discharge responsibility by the superiors from time to time.