Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position(s) as per the details given below for the research project under the Principal investigator (Name: DEBABRATA SIRCAR), Dept./BIOTECHNOLOGY Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
1. Posts: Research Associate
2. Title of project: Development of an Electronic nose for the optimum harvesting time and fruit quality in apple and papaya.
3. Qualifications: PhD (completed) in the area Of plant Biotechnology. Candidates with in-depth knowledge in plant regulators and a research experience in transgenic line generation. genetic analysis, gene editing, confocal microscopy. in-situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry are highly desirable. Candidate Excellent writing skills, evidenced by high-quality peer-reviewed publications. Notable academic record Ofa Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in Plant Sciences with First class.
4. Emoluments: 54,000 per month (fixed)
5. Duration: For the period up to February 2021 , or till end of the project whichever is earlier
6. Job description: To determine volatile metabolomics of apple and papaya, gene expression analyses, confocal microscopy, infection studies with scab, nutritional analyses, statistical analyses, manuscript writing.