1. Subject: Proposal for inviting nominations to fill the vacant post of Team Assistant, ABU Programming.
2. Probation period Engagement: for this position is subject to the successful completion of a probationary period of 6 months. ABU reserves the right to terminate the contract of employment during or at the end of the probation period.
3. Contract of employment: The successful candidate will be recruited for a period of 3 years if he/ she succeeds in probation period. The contract is renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The place of employment will be Kuala Lumpur, but the position requires travelling abroad.
4. Purpose of the post: The principal function of the Team Assistant, ABU Programming, is to provide a wide range of support services. The successful candidate will contribute to the work of the department, which conducts various radio, TV and New Media activities. That includes day-to-day routine administrative duties such as preparing letters, faxes and emails, filing; organizing events and travel for Programming staff and members; logistical arrangements for co-productions, events & festivals, meetings, workshops and seminars.
5. Tasks and responsibilities:
a. The successful applicant will have to carry out the following main duties: – Assist the Heads of Radio and TV and the Project Manager of New Media in organising and running co-productions, events & festivals, meetings, workshops and seminars for ABU members. That involves negotiations with hotels, travel agents, contacting delegates and arranging their travel, accommodation, preparation of coproduction/event/festival/workshop/ seminar/conference programs and documentation, keeping track of costs, preparation of estimates and final accounts.
b. Correspondence on Programme Department matters including drafting of emails independently; maintenance of efficient filing system and other secretarial duties.
c. Carry out other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
a. Eligibility criteria: Candidates must Be a national of any country in the Asia Pacific region and enjoy full rights as a citizen; Produce appropriate character references as to his or her suitability for the performance of the duties; Be physically fit to perform the duties pertaining to the position; Produce evidence of a thorough knowledge of English.
b. Candidates must Possess a university degree
7. Selection criteria:
A. Professional experience:
a. Essential: Experience in administrative and/or team assistant/ secretarial position;Experience in drafting letters, emails etc. and writing minutes and reports
b. Desirable: Experience of working in an international, multi-disciplinary environment; Experience of working in broadcasting industry; Experience in multi-tasking.
B. Professional knowledge:
a. Essential: Confident user of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); Modern, electronic based office practices and working methods; Telephone courtesy and pleasant communication skills; Have a high level of competence in using information technology;
b. Desirable: Qualifications particularly in the field of Corporate Communications, Media and Communications, Marketing or International Communication. Be familiar with internet technology and database systems.
8. Technical skills and competencies:
a. Essential: Keen eye for detail with the ability to maintain standards of accuracy under pressure of tight deadlines; Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing; Ability to learn new internet and authoring technologies relevant to website development; Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to plan, organise and manage projects
b. Desirable: Familiarity with internet technology (client and servers’ side).
9. Social skills and competencies:
a. Essential: Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well under pressure, both independently and in a team; High level of customer-orientation; Ability to organise and prioritise work and complete tasks with minimum supervision; Ability to work effectively in an international and multi-cultural environment; High degree of commitment, responsibility, flexibility and initiative.
10. Salary and benefits: Competitive salary and benefits package will be given.
11. Requirements: Applications will be considered only from candidates with a recognised degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 2 years of experience in secretarial, administrative or event organizing areas. The applicants should have excellent spoken and written English and be able to work on their own as well in a team to strict deadlines. The applicants should be citizens of a country from the Asia-Pacific region.