Applications are invited for the post (1) of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) with a salary of Rs.31,000+HRA for first two years and Rs.35,000+HRA for the third year in a SERB-DST Sponsored Project (Core Research Grant-CRG/2019/000076) titled “Ascertaining the causes of Late Quaternary glacier advances across the precipitation gradient in NW Himalaya” (P-07/746) sanctioned for 3 years (till 18 March 2023). The post is temporary and co-terminus with the project.
1. The candidate must be MSc/MA in Geography/ allied disciplines of earth sciences with at least 55 % marks and qualified UGC/CSIR NET or GATE examination.
2. The upper age limit is 28 years (relaxable for 5 years for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped/Female candidates. All things being equal, SC/ST candidates will be preferred as per GOI rules.
3. The project aims to reconstruct the pattern of Quaternary glaciations across the NW Himalayan ranges. The glacial and glacio-fluvial landforms will be chronologically constrained to understand various triggering factors and controls. The project involves extensive field work in the high altitude terrain in the glaciated valleys of the Himalaya with minimal facilities. It also involves extensive laboratory work to generate geomorphological, chronological, and geochemical data and their interpretation.
4. Please note that the progress of the candidate will be monitored on monthly basis for the continuation of the fellowship
Desirable qualifications: Familiarity with DGPS/Total station/ArcGIS/R/basic remote sensing, and science degree at least at intermediate level/basic mathematical-statistical knowledge is desirable.
Application on plain paper with the following details: 1 Name, permanent and correspondence address.
2. names of father and mother, telephone no. and e-mail address.
3. details of educational career (starting from High School or equivalent) along with attested copies of all mark-sheets & certificates.
4. details of any research or other experience etc., (if any).