The position is specifically for the requirement of ONE, Lead Consultant – Community Processes / Comprehensive Primary Healthcare (CP-CPHC), purely on contractual basis.
1. Position: Lead Consultant – Community Processes / Comprehensive Primary Health Care in NHSRC
2. Qualifications and Experience:
a. Medical/Dental/Health Science Graduate with Post Graduate qualification in Community Medicine/Public Health/Health Care Management
b. Have at least 10 years of post-qualification experience in implementing and supporting large scale health care programmes in community health and primary healthcare; Experience of working in the public health system and research would be highly desirable
c. Deep understanding of public health issues in India and role of various stakeholders
d. Willingness to travel to states & districts to provide technical assistance & ability to work on different assignments simultaneously and beyond office hours to meet the timelines for assignments.
e. Computer Skills: Proficiency in commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Ability to use internet to for desk research, literature review and accessing other relevant documents.
f. Essentially a team player with demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team along with good interpersonal abilities,
g. Good communication skills in English – both written and oral, presentation skills, ability to write analytical reports are all essential. Working knowledge of Hindi desirable.
h. Ability to carry out the given task on his/her own or with minimal supervision
3. Roles and responsibilities: Lead the team on technical assignments as per the requirement of the Community Processes- ComprehensivePrimary Health Care Division to deliver on National Health Mission’s current priorities including Ayushman Bharat, Provide policy and program support for CP-CPHC as needed at both National and State level Draft program specific guidelines, policy briefs, and develop training materials, guidelines etc. for the programs facilitated by CP-CPHC division, Work with programme divisions in the MoHFW in delivering the mandate of CP-CPHC division in alignment with the National Health Mission framework, As required engage with the senior policy makers at Central level by representing the division in meetings, carrying out advocacy, presenting evidence from State field visits etc. Guide State Technical Counterparts in policy and programme implementation in relation to programs and projects facilitated by the CP-CPHC Division.
4. Location: New Delhi with extensive travel to states and Districts
5. Contract Tenure: Initially, for a period of one year. (The first 3 months will be period of probation. Subject to satisfactory performance, the consultancy will continue for full one year). The consultancy can be terminated by either part giving a notice of one month in writing.
6. Consultancy Fee Band: Rs. 1,30,000/- to Rs. 1,70,000/-