a. The Reserve Bank of India had set up the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) on June 10, 1996 as a Society under the Society Registration Act, governed by a Governing Council (GC). IDRBT will be stepping into its silver jubilee year shortly. The first half of this period was the ‘Establishment Phase’ and the second half is the ‘Consolidation Phase’. The next phase of IDRBT has to be the Growth Phase. During past 4-5 years, the Institute has taken series of focused initiatives on major areas of research on the systemic requirements of the banking system which have large scale implications.
b. The Institute has set up state-of-the-art Research Centers for aiding and promoting research and development work in areas like Block-chain technology, cyber security, fraud analytics, cloud services and payment systems which are likely to have a longterm impact on banking and financial sector (https://www.idrbt.ac.in/rescent.html). The Institute runs Academic Programme for regular M. Tech, Ph. D, Post Graduate Diploma in Banking Technology (PGDBT), etc. (https://www.idrbt.ac.in/academics.html).
c. The Institute also has various Forums (https://www.idrbt.ac.in/forums.html) for CISO, CIO, CAO, etc. to provide collaborative platform and fora for Indian Banking and Financial Sector. It also publishes quality research papers in national and international journals and conferences and provides Training, Advisory and Consultancy Services on Technology Infrastructure.
2. Job Profile: The key requirements for the position are exceptional leadership and institution building skills and a commanding strategic vision; the ability and drive to enthuse, inspire and motivate the staff, researchers and students to deliver the Institute’s mandate and build relationship with internal and external stakeholders in the eco-system. The ideal candidate would be a thought leader in technological/ banking/ product management and have demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and challenges with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation. The candidate should have the drive to leverage new age technologies and existing infrastructure to lead industry and country-first initiatives. Director for Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
3. Educational Qualification: The candidate should have right mix of IT, administrative, banking qualification i.e. degree/post graduate degree from a recognized University/Institution in Science, Engineering, Technology or Management. For candidates with PhD from a recognized University/Institution in area of relevance to IDRBT and currently active in such work areas, relaxation can be considered in educational qualification.
4. Experience: Candidate should have relevant, 20+ years of work experience, within banks, financial industry, technology sector or academia. Candidate should possess deep knowledge of financial technologies related issues combined with outstanding administrative skills and track record of leading projects to a successful conclusion. The candidates should have experience of leading senior level teams for at least 3 years (i.e. rank equivalent to CGM in RBI). Candidates looking for Deputation will be considered subject to submission of No Objection Certificate from the Competent Authority of the Institute/Organization.
6. Term: The appointment of Director will be on contract basis with an initial term of three years, extendable up to five years based on review of performance or attaining the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier. The contract may be terminated by giving three months’ notice by either side.
7. Compensation and Posting: 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) level-17 of ₹2,25,000/- (basic pay) as applicable to Director of Centrally Funded Technical Institutions like IITs/IIMs, etc. in addition to Campus bungalow and other perquisites. The place of posting will be Hyderabad.