Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position as per the details given below for the research project under the Principal investigator Prof. Ajit P. Annachhatre , School of Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Mandi.
1. Title of project: “Evaluation of analytical procedures and performance of water testing laboratories of Jal Shakti Vibhag in Himachal Pradesh”
2. Sponsor of the project: State Water and Sanitation Mission (SWSM), Jal Shakti Vibhag, HP
3. Project position(s) and number: Project Associate – I / Junior Research Fellow (JRF), One
4. Qualification & experience: Eligibility: B.Tech/M.Tech in Civil Engineering OR M.Sc. in Environmental Science
5. Desirable: Candidate is expected to have thorough knowledge of laboratory techniques involved in drinking water and wastewater analysis, particularly the analytical procedures, laboratory instruments involved and their operation
6. Emoluments: Rs. 25,000/- p.m.
7. Duration: Till May 2021
8. Job description: Visiting all the Laboratories under SWSM located in different parts of Himachal Pradesh for thorough analysis and inspection of the equipment and laboratory analytical methods employed for testing of drinking water parameters. Collecting the drinking water samples and analyzing them in laboratory to evaluate the major pollutants present, project planning, chemicals procurement, managing, executing and reportspreparation.