Applications are invited for a RA-I (Institute) position under the supervision of Dr. Amit Majumdar, School of Chemical Sciences, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science.
1. Name of the post: Research Associate-I
2. Number of post: One (01)
3. Research Area: Broad Research Area: Inorganic Chemistry, Specific Research Area: Reactivity of First Row Transition Metal Complexes with Thiolates, Hydrosulfides and Nitric oxide
4. Essential Qualifications:
a. A candidate should have first class or high second class in B.Sc. & M.Sc. degrees in Chemistry with minimum average marks of 55% and has obtained a Ph.D. degree in chemistry or due to submit thesis within three months. Candidate should have research experience supported by publications in peer-reviewed journals in the field of synthetic inorganic chemistry and reactivity. Candidate should have well established research experience in the area of synthetic inorganic chemistry involving ligand synthesis, synthesis of transition metal coordination complexes, usual product characterization techniques including spectroscopic methods, X-ray crystallography and electrochemical techniques.
b. A selected candidate who is yet to receive Ph.D. degree may join only after the submission of his/her thesis within the time-limit mentioned earlier subject to documentary proof of the thesis submission. Such candidates will draw a fellowship amount as appropriate to a bridge fellowship as per the rules of IACS and will be eligible to receive the full RA-I fellowship from the award date of the doctoral degree, supported by documentary proof.
5. Fellowship: As per rules of IACS.
6. Tenure of Fellowship: 1 year from the date of joining as RA-I, which may be extended for one more year based on performance to be reviewed by progress monitoring committee. The candidate will have no right to claim (explicit or implicit) any post in the institute.