Applications are invited in the following proforma for One (01) Posts of Assistant Professor (Contractual for OBC CATEGORY ONLY) in the Department of Law for the academic year 2020-21.
1. Posts: Assistant Professor
2. No.of. Posts: 01
3. Tenure of Appointment: Purely temporary for a period of one academ•c year from the date of appointment (Upto May 31. 2021)
4. Salary: Rs. 30,000/- per month (consolidated) (Non-Creamy Layer Certificate is applicable to reserved categories except SC & ST)
5. Eligibility (A or B) : A: I) A Master’s degree CLL.M.) with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point —scale wherever the grading System is followed) in a concerned/relevant/a”ied subject from an Indian University. or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university, 2) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted bv the t.JGC or a similar test accredited bv the UGC, like SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/PhD. Degree) Regulation, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SET. Provided that candidates who have been awarded a Phd Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for the Award of M.Phil/Fhd Degree) Regulation 2009, or the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for the Award of M.Phil/Ph.D Degree) Regulation, 2016, and thevr subsequent amendments from time to time as the case mav be shall be exempted from the requirement o’ NET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions — in Universities/Colleges/Institution.Provided the candidates registered for the Ph,dv programme prior to July II, 2009, shall be governed bv the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such PhD. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Umversites/Colleges/Inst’tutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only; The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated bv at least two external examiners, An open Ph.O. Viva voce of the candidate has been conducted; The candidate has published two research papers from his (her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a referred journal; and The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars, sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency,
6. Note: The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic affairs) of the University concerned. 1) NET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SET is not conducted. However. Ph.D degree shall remain the minimum eatgibility for appointment of Assistant Professor in such disciplines. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university tnstitution with ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) The Times Higher Education (THE) or iii) The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) Of the Shaghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai)