University Grants Commission, New Delhi invites online applications for appointment on Deputation/ Direct recruitment basis for the following posts:
1. Posts: Joint Secretary
2. No.of. Posts: 04
3. Eligibility: a. Officers under the Central Government, State Government, Universities and Autonomous bcxiies;- (i) Holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre/department; or (ii) With 5 years’ of service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in pay level—12, or equivalent in the parent cadre / departmen t. AND b. Possessing the following qualifications 5 years of experience in educational administration.
4. NOTE: (i) The pericxi of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex- cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization/dcpartmcnt of thc Central Government Ghall ordinarily not exceed five years.
5. Nature of Duties: Mainly educational administration and organizational Management. Work is largely concerned with internal management in UGC and prcxessing and evaluation of development and research proposals in Social and Humanities & Engineering/ areas of Universities and Colleges. It also includes preparation of status reports, initiation, implementation and coordination of higher educational programmes. These would also include innovative education and quality improvement schemes, examination reforms, evaluation techniques and all other aspects essential for the function, improvement and coordination of standards of higher education. Such other duties as may be assigned by the Commission from time to time. The officer selected for the post is liable to be posted anywhere in the country in the Regional offices of the University Grants Commission.
6. Scale of pay: Pay Level — 13, – 1,23,100 – 15,900/- plus usual allowances as admissible from time to time to Central Govt. servants in corresponding posts. The candidates drawing higher pay in pay level will be eligible for protection of pay in the pay level attached to the post.
7. Period of Deputation: Maximum five years or 60 years of age, whichever is earlier, initially for a period of one-year which may be extended further on year to year basis on the discretion of appointing authority.